Rougham Post Office c 1908

Rougham Post Office c 1908

Rougham is a village and civil parish in the English county of Norfolk. The local Church is Saint Mary’s. The name “Rougham” is derived from the old English Ruhham, with ruh probably meaning rough ground, and ham, meaning village. ~Wikipedia

 

By appearances little has changed here in the past century. There appears to be a shop next door to where the old Post Office was and a nice red Post Box remains. Kelly’s Directory records that in 1900 Richard Edwin Thomas was the Postmaster. He appears in the 1911 Census along with his sister Elizabeth, both marked as ‘single’. Richard is the Sub-Postmaster again and Elizabeth is an assistant there.

(Visited 47 times, 1 visits today)